freakzspeaks

freakzspeaks

Saturday 4 April 2015

Best dim sum in Melaka but overly-priced @ Zhong Hua Dim Sum Restaurant, Melaka Raya, Melaka

Finally, proper shrimp dumplings in Melaka! I've been staying in Melaka my whole life and every dim sum shop I've been to had no '100 %' shrimp dumplings, unlike those I often ate in Klang or USJ. When my family discovered this shop, I was quite excited to try it out so my mum and I headed there during my short break in Malaysia. It was a weekday, so no crowds at all and parking was quite easy although please remember to pay the parking ticket beforehand as this area is prone for officers going around with fines for illegal parking! So, like any other dim sum place I've been too, weekdays are usually order-to-steam unlike weekends where servers go round with the pushing cart. One word to describe, very, very disorganized (I was told the boss was not around so everyone was messy!). Anyways, when we finally got our orders, the first thing spotted was the price/plate which I felt was outrageous for a restaurant in Melaka. 
From L to R: Various type of shrimp dumplings (Har Gau, Har Mai, Har Kuin). Overcharged at more than RM 6 / plate 
From L to R: Radish cake, Fish paste, Siew mai (pork dumpling). Some of the slightly more reasonably priced items
Shrimp Chee Cheong Fun (Rice noodle rolls). Another overly-priced item. Nothing spectacular.
Nice-looking liu sha bao (salted egg custard cream bun with flowing filling). A must-try!
Pretty good liu sha bao but not well-steamed. R: Not well-steamed so there was no flowing cream :(
Overall, they really need to improve on their service because, there were like only 4 tables eating and they couldn't do a proper job! The usual siu mai / har gau was pretty good and up to standard but for the price, I totally disagree. Perhaps because they know there aren't much competition for good dim sum in Melaka, so they daringly charge the customers..what more a tourist-y area. For all the ones in the picture and a pot of tea, I paid more than RM 60 ( I'm pretty sure the lady got the wrong calculation so make sure you check your bill before leaving!).

Address: No 186, 187, Jalan Melaka Raya, 75000 Melaka (corner shop beside CIMB bank)
Opening hours: 7am - 2pm

No comments :

Post a Comment