freakzspeaks

freakzspeaks

Monday 24 March 2014

An Italian dinner @ Chianti's Cafe and Restaurant, Saskatoon

I always thought that Chianti's was an Indian restaurant ( not sure why but the name probably ? ). Anyway, I met up with a friend here for dinner on a cold  Sunday night. They have quite a good deal where all of their freshly made pastas are only $8.95 all day on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  Reservations may be required on these days as they do have quite a number of customers at peak hours. I wouldn't say that this is Italian fine dining but from what you can get in Saskatoon, this is considerably not bad. 

Baguette and oil, balsamic vinegar dip as an appetizer. Always tend to overeat this and ended up being too full to finish the main entree @__@
I ordered the Du Chef ($11.95) which was spinach fettucine with smoked salmon and mushrooms in creamy pesto sauce. Forget how fattening it is, I just love my pasta in cream ! Serving was huge and it did look so delicious. Even better with some cracked pepper and shredded cheese~! The combination was exceptionally good. I can definitely tell that the pasta was home made; it being slightly thicker then processed pasta. However, I would have prefer it slightly softer. It was kinda hard to chew on it but I finished the whole plate ! Satisfaction :))
My friend had the Al Pacifico ($11.95); penne with smoked salmon, onions, peas and sun-dried tomatoes tossed in olive oil and pesto. Seemed to be a much healthier option than mine. Apparently, she had this before and said it was so good that she had it for the second time ! Too bad we did not have room for dessert after that, probably next visit….
Overall, if you are yearning for a good Italian meal ( apart from cooking it yourself !), Chianti's is a good place to be especially on the pasta deal days !

Address :102 Idylwyld Dr N Saskatoon, SK 
Chianti's Café and Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment